Whether you found out you’re going to have your first baby or if this is number four, you have more options for maternity fashion than ever before. In just the past few years there seems to have been an explosion in possibilities (Yay for the internet!). Not only are there oodles of e-tailers with gorgeous online collections, there are also tons of blogs and Pinboards with helpful style tips and tricks for dressing that beautiful baby bump. There’s no need to take a nine month break from dressing the way you love! Keep rocking your own personal style using the top tips and resources for modern maternity fashion featured below.
Top Tips & Must-Have Staples
- H&M MAMA Knit Cardigan – Who doesn’t love a great wrap? Whether you’re pregnant or not, you can never have too many. The great thing about this one from H&M is there are no buttons, you simply tie it closed – ideal for perfectly draping your ever-changing shape.
- Dr. Scholl’s “Really” Casual Flats – Invest in a pair, or two, or three of extremely comfortable and super stylish flats. Keep your clothing staples simple and create visual variety with cute prints on shoes, scarves, bags, etc.
- Stella & Dot Adelina Cuff – Great jewelry and accessories take your ensembles from boring to beautiful. Plus – you’ll be able to wear these pieces long after your pregnancy is over!
- TopShop Maternity Tee – Stretchy fabrics that drape really well will be your best friends during pregnancy. They fit when they need to flow when they don’t.
- Liz Lange for Target Maternity Sleeveless Draped Dress – A solid color, jersey dress can be dressed up or down and worn a million different ways. Something great about a sleeveless option, especially for those going through their final months during season changes, is it can transition easily from warm weather to cool (or vice versa).
- TopShop Maternity Moto Pale Pink Jeans – Some days you’ll love that big belly of yours. Others, not so much. On those days you may want to distract the eye to other parts of your body – like your legs! Get some comfy, colored jeans to keep it cool no matter what your mood.
- Dorothy Perkins Maternity Mid Wash Denim Leggings – Denim is always a staple! Don’t just buy bigger jeans, buy better jeans. The options for maternity denim these days is pretty phenomenal and uber-comfy.
- Ingrid & Isabel Belly Leggings – Leggings give you the comfort of jammies, but you won’t look like you just crawled out of bed when paired with a great top and stylish accessories.
- Old Navy Smooth Panel Maternity Denim Skirt – Get a simple skirt to increase the versatility of your wardrobe. Make sure it’s something that has room for your belly, but fits snugly right below it, otherwise you’ll end up looking like you’re wearing an over-sized tube.
- The site Pinkblushmaternity has maternity and regular women’s clothes that look very similar, which means that their maternity clothing looks like the clothes that you would normally wear. For those of you that love cool, printed maxi-dresses, definitely check this site out.
- A Pea in the Pod has been a classic resource for maternity fashion for a while now, but we were amazed when we looked at how big their selection is! From the super comfy things you would expect like yoga pants and hoodies to ultra luxe designer jeans they truly have anything that you could be looking for.
- Motherhood also has a huge selection of every possible clothing item you might need over the next nine months. Speaking of selection, this site has over two hundred pairs of jeans and pants that use their patented Secret Fit Belly design!
- Although the selection is more limited, Old Navy’s maternity wear looks like all their other clothes which means that you’ll find plenty of comfortable, stylish, and affordable options that you’ll always feel good in.
- Both Target and WalMart have had a decent maternity section for a long time now and they of course have the added convenience that while you’re getting a new pair of yoga pants you can also pick out something cute for the nursery!
- Do you like H&M? They have a maternity section too! We saw cute jerseys, cool dresses, and even faux leather maternity leggings! If you liked their clothes before, then we’re pretty sure you’ll like their maternity wear.
So with so much to choose from, you might be wondering where you go to for some advice for how to put together a great outfit from all these clothes. Lucky you! You not only have cool clothes, but there are great bloggers out there talking about maternity fashion, too. Yay to the internet once again! Here are a few to check out:
- With a young hip attitude the blog Bump It Up has the motto “get out of the preggo dumps”. This is definitely for those more on the fashionista style spectrum, but it has a lot of inspiring photos of moms-to-be looking great and having fun, so it’s very inspiring!
- We found some awesome maternity wear advice on Baring the Bump. It has good suggestions of where to find the best bargains, but also what you’re going to wear the most by the best brands.
- The Bump is an incredible blog dealing with all things Mommy and one of them is fashion advice. We found a very helpful article about maternity basics and what you’re going to need the most of. Highly recommended.
- The blog All Things Katie Marie is by a 20 something teacher who shares the outfits she is wearing that are surprisingly affordable,(Target, Old Navy), and look fantastic. She also shares recipes and travel pics. She’s not currently pregnant, but you can click that category on the right hand side of the blog to find all of her great pictures and advice.
We hope that these tips and sites help you navigate the world of maternity fashion in a way that makes you feel great! Whether you’re looking for the comfiest sweats or you want to wear a L.B.D. on a date night, everything you could ever want is available these days. Wear what you love and send us some pregnancy style pics!