Before we dive in today, a couple of notes: If you’re a mom, we highly recommend printing this post and leaving it somewhere conspicuous. If you’re shopping for a mom, you can thank us later 😉 – Anyway, on to the business at hand: the top holiday gifts moms REALLY want. Sure, moms usually love anything their family gives them. Kids can take a lump of clay and make it look somewhat like something and mom will proudly display it for the whole next year as her child’s masterpiece. Partners may buy an ill-fitting sweater, but mom will still wear it with love (sometimes). But, deep down, moms have a secret wish list of unmet desires and this year, you’re going to knock her socks off.
First of all, we asked our Cloud b community on Facebook to share their wishes and here’s what some of them said:
- Amanda – An all-expenses-paid day at the spa!
- Lyka – Pretty sure everything I want for Christmas is oriented towards being a soon-to-be mom, but here’s some stuff I’d ask for– Handmade diaper bag (these are from Paris) – www.etsy.com/shop/ikabags, Personalized art prints – www.minted.com, Personalized jewelry – etsy.com/shop/YvonneBoutique.
- Heather – I would absolutely love having a car of my own again. With four kids to drive around everywhere, plus Dr appts, physical therapy, football, basketball, etc etc having to borrow my boyfriend’s truck doesn’t always work out, especially when he works two jobs.
- Ashley – Personalized jewelry.
And, here are a few ideas the moms in the Cloud b offices shared:
- Time – Moms never have enough time in the day. We want time to relax, read a book, go for a walk, take a nap, take a bubble bath, watch a whole season of a favorite show, and sometimes not even any of these things. Just some time alone to listen to our own thoughts. So how do you give the gift of time? Print up some DIY “gift certificates” that she can use at will to have the house to herself for the afternoon. Another could say that it’s Dad’s and kids’ week to do all the cleaning. A “sleep-in” coupon would also be greatly appreciated! Be creative about taking over some of the tasks that Mom always does and give her the break that she totally deserves!
- A Staycation – Sometimes vacations are just as stressful as the normal schedule at home – or maybe your family trips are always about visiting relatives that aren’t all that much fun. If you’ve never tried it, you might be surprised at how fun it can be to plan some time off to just stay home and enjoy yourself. Don’t plan a project or use the time off to catch up on housework! Just relax! Send the kids off to Grandma’s if you can and remember what quiet sounds like.
- Massage or Spa Gift Certificates – An hour-long massage does wonders for the overly-tired and stressed out Mom in your life. Add some pampering after like a facial or manicure and she’ll leave the appointment glowing and rejuvenated.
- Sign Her Up For Some Classes – Whatever her interests are, find some classes where she can do what she loves with like minded people. Cooking, crafting, scrapbooking, sewing, martial arts, yoga, meditation, kick boxing, and anything else that she may have expressed an interest in, but has never had the time to do.
- Something Personally Special – Does she have a favorite photo of her and her father? Have it enlarged and professionally framed. Does she love fresh flowers in the house? Schedule a delivery every two weeks for the next year. Only you know what the Mom in your life would be absolutely blown away by, so amaze her by doing something she would never expect!
- Cloud b Mommy’s Dreamtime Gift Set – Yes, it’s a bit of shameless self-promotion, but we created this set because the mom’s in the Cloud b offices wanted it! Cloud b’s products are usually for the little ones, but this gift set is strictly for Moms and it’s all about feeling pampered, comfy and cozy. It includes a luxuriously soft robe, lavender scented, cloth eye mask with removable hot or cold gel packs, and a dreamtime journal to capture life’s best moments.
Do you have any additional recommendations? Leave them in the comments!
And to all of the wonderful moms out there, we hope you get what you REALLY want and you have the best holiday season ever!