Mother’s Day is fast approaching, and if you still haven’t found the perfect “something” or adventure for the day, read on! We have scoured our brains and the internet for this round-up in hopes of making your preparation a little easier. Here’s how to make Mother’s Day unforgettable this year!
- Printed Photos: Remember the glee in flipping through a giant stack of just printed photos and reliving some amazing memories? With the recent ease of taking beautiful digital photos, has come the loss in printing them. Set them free! Find some of the best shots over the past year and have them printed. Costco does great printing, from simple prints to collages, or a canvas print. Some services will frame (and wrap) the picture too! Archival black and white prints will last decades longer than color prints.
- Picture Locket: It’s a timeless gift for a reason, and there are so many shapes, styles and price-points to choose from.
- Make-Life-Easier Service Gift: Whether dog-walking, laundry, or meal/grocery delivery, there are a ton of “service” gifts designed to make your life easier. It’s certainly not the most glamorous, but having the laundry washed and folded can bring a smile to most parents’ faces.
- Season Tickets / Membership: Becoming a season member to your community theater, concert hall or museum is an amazing way to support local arts. It also provides built-in outings and gives mama multiple opportunities to spend time with her family making memories.
- Joy Measuring Cups: The cups are super cute, and are extremely functional – good for measuring and for holding prep ingredients (garlic, onions, nuts, etc.). Make the day a truly special celebration by giving her these and then preparing a lovely dinner.
- Picnic in the Park: Arrange all the fixin’s and take a bike ride or short drive to your local park (it’s also polo season, which makes a fabulous picnic outing as well). Bring a game like bocce or bean bag toss and a nice lounge chair for the mother of honor to relax in.
- Craft Time: Craft time can be super special and very fun, especially when you are not the organizer. Kiwi Crate offers a wide range of craft-project in-a-box gifts. The Kano Raspberry Pi computer kit makes building a simple computer accessible for anyone, and offers an experience everyone can learn from.
- Boogie Dance Party: It’s time for dancing! Give her the space to let go and get silly. Put on your 70s funk, get those kids stylin’ and get down!
- Comedy Show: Gift her a night of laughs. Arrange a sitter, make dinner reservations and find a great show. Keep it a surprise, or show how funny you can be, reminding her each day with a joke.
- Mix and Mingle: Spouses of mothers unite and bring your loves together for a festive gathering. You make the drinks, moms sip. You order the cake, moms nibble. You watch the kids, moms relax.
- Photo Shoot: So often moms will snap a photo of their little ones with others friends and family, but rarely do moms get a photo together with their babies. Hire a photographer or purchase a tripod and get snapping!
- Slumber Get-Away: Book her a room at a local bed and breakfast or hotel and arrange a late check-out. Drop her off and don’t look back. Sometimes the best Mother’s Day is spent alone. Sleeping.
Got a great idea that’s not on this list? Share in the comments!