The torch has been lit! People of all ages and all nations are delighted to see the long-awaited return of the Olympics. Now is the perfect time to host some Olympic Games of your very own! Check out our guide for how to host the best kid-olympics ever, and give the young athletes an experience they’ll never forget.
Races, Games, Sports, Oh My!
Kids of all ages will love silly competitions, like these:
- Backwards Crab Walk
- Blind(folded) Leapfrog
- Obstacle Course
- FutGolf (golf with feet instead of a club)
- Pass the Eggs
- Carry Cotton on a Spoon
- One-legged race
Older (read: more coordinated) kids will love teaming up to try their hand at some of the most popular Olympic sports, including:
- Handball (particularly great for kids!)
- & more!
DIY Pool Noodle Hurdles
Pool & Water Activities
If you have access to a nearby pool (or a pool in your backyard), you can try out some fun pool Olympics activities like Candy Races and Pool Ring Toss!
DIY Olympic Gold Medals
DIY Olympic Rings Decor and Creative Snacks
Printable World Flag Bunting
Don’t miss out on this free printable set of 100 world flags from Mr. Printables. String up the flags for some festive bunting, or use the prints as a game for older kids — See who can correctly identify the most world flags!
Check out more brilliant Olympics party ideas:
- How To Host An Amazing Olympics Party (super-cute DIY photo booth ideas!)
- Party 411 Backyard Olympics
- The Sits Girls Backyard Olympics Party Games (shaving cream cheese puff toss… ADORABLE!)
- Holding Your Own Backyard Olympics via Activity Village UK