Night after night after night of interrupted sleep can really take a toll on you – not only physically, but mentally, too! Even after gallons of coffee, you can count on doing things that simply don’t make sense. In fact, if your sleep deprivation goes on long enough, you might actually be sleep walking and not even know it. According to the National Sleep Research Project in Australia, “people can take cat naps with their eyes open without even being aware of it.”
Have you done anything ridiculous when you were a little too sleep deprived? You are not alone! Here’s a hilarious sampling of funny stories from sleep deprived moms from the Cloud b Facebook community. (And, a fantastic giveaway!)
- Christina – Answered the phone and when I was walking around muttering that I was looking for the phone the person I was on the phone with pointed out that I was talking on the phone. I hung up and went back to bed.
- Laura Beth – I’ve called the pediatrician “honey” more than I’d like to admit!
- Jennee – I woke up trying to rock my husband back to sleep. This happened more time than I’d like to admit.
- Rebecca – Drinking soy sauce instead of cola.
- Nichole – Left the house in my slippers to take the kids to school then got all the way to work to realize that I had done this. Good thing I teach swimming lessons and don’t need shoes.
- Lourin – Put a pacifier in my husbands mouth!!!lol
- Kimberly – Pump hand soap onto my toothbrush.
- Leslie – My little one is a month old, but so far I awoke to find myself trying to burp my husband.
- Megha – I was thirsty after a 4am feeding, so went down to the kitchen and filled my water bottle with ready baby formula instead! Didn’t realize it till I had a swig of it!!!!
What’s the craziest thing you’ve done due to being a sleep deprived parent? Let us know in the comments for a chance to win a Mommy’s Dream Time Gift Set and Bubbly Bunny Blanket! [UPDATE – GIVEAWAY CLOSED. Congratulations to our winners!] In addition to Cloud b’s ultra soft Bubbly Bunny Blanket, the luxurious set also includes all the following sleep essentials for mom:
A soft, luxurious, bamboo cotton robe;
A lavender-scented cloth eye mask with removable hot and cold gel packs; and,
A dream journal designed to capture mom’s thoughts, memories, and baby’s firsts.
ENTER TO WIN!
We’re giving away 5 of these Mommy’s Dream Time Gift Set and Bubbly Bunny Blankets valued at $120 each!
Here’s how to enter:
Answer the following question in the comments below:
What’s the craziest thing you’ve done due to being a sleep deprived parent?
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL ENTRIES:
Like Cloud b on Facebook
SHARE the giveaway on Facebook
Follow Cloud b on Pinterest
Pin your favorite Cloud b product on Pinterest
Follow Cloud b on Twitter
Tweet about the giveaway on Twitter
For each additional entry, leave a separate comment letting us know what you’ve done (and what your profile name is where relevant). You can enter up to 7 times by taking all of the actions listed above and the more entries you make, the more chances you have at winning!
Five random winners will be selected on December 15, 2013!