Night after night after night of sleep deprivation can really take a toll on you – not only physically, but mentally, too! Even after gallons of coffee, you can count on doing things that simply don’t make sense. In fact, if your sleep deprivation goes on long enough, you might actually be sleep walking and not even know it. According to the National Sleep Research Project in Australia, “people can take cat naps with their eyes open without even being aware of it.”
Have you done anything ridiculous when you were a little too sleep deprived? You are not alone! We’ve posted previously about what moms have done and here’s another hilarious sampling of funny stories from sleep deprived moms from the Cloud b Facebook community.
- Tracy – I got in the shower with my bra still on?!?
- Gillian – Put my handbag in the fridge and put the lemonade in the glasses cupboard. NEED SLEEP! lol
- A New Addition – I’m always putting things in the wrong places. Like losing the TV remote and finding it in the fridge. Putting odd shoes on for the school run. It’s all fun and games!
- Catherine – I backed up my car into my husband’s car… In our driveway.
- Jessica – Tried to give my husband my iPhone instead of the TV remote. He looked at me like I was crazy …
- Desiree – Forgot which child’s diaper I was changing in the middle of the night only to wake up with the child I thought it wasn’t.
- Veronica – Definitely – run my husband’s car into my car while backing out of driveway.
Two out of seven of these stories involve minor car accidents! Yikes! For safety’s sake, if you’re feeling that burned out, check out our blog post about the sleep-deprived mom’s guide to the power nap. Ten or twenty minutes extra can make a big difference!
What’s the craziest thing you’ve done due to being a sleep deprived parent? Let us know in the comments for a chance to win a Sleep Sheep Essentials Gift Set!
The only three sheep you’ll ever need to count on for sleep – our classic, award-winning Sleep Sheep with soothing sounds; Twilight Buddies Sleep Sheep that eases fear of the dark by projecting twinkling stars; and our Baby Sheep Rattle, comforting, but quiet for tactile fun. [Retail Value $59.99 (Find it on sale for $49.99 at Babies R Us right now!)]
ENTER TO WIN!
UPDATE: Congratulations to our lucky winner, Wendy!! Thanks to everyone for participating! Watch our blog for the next giveaway launching soon!
Here’s how to enter:
Answer the following question in the comments below:
What’s the craziest thing you’ve done due to being a sleep deprived parent?
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL ENTRIES:
- Sign-up for the Cloud b Club newsletter
- Like Cloud b on Facebook
- SHARE the giveaway on Facebook and use the hashtag #CloudbGiveaway
- Follow Cloud b on Pinterest
- Pin your favorite Cloud b product on Pinterest and use the hashtag #CloudbGiveaway
- Follow Cloud b on Twitter
- Tweet about the giveaway on Twitter and use the hashtag #CloudbGiveaway
- Follow Cloud b on Google+
- Follow Cloud b on Instagram (@Cloud_b)
For each additional entry, leave a separate comment letting us know what you’ve done (and what your profile name is where relevant). You can enter up to 10 times by taking all of the actions listed above and the more entries you make, the more chances you have at winning!
One random winner will be selected on November 30, 2014!
No purchase necessary. Must be US resident, 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Click-through for full sweepstakes rules.